We have looked at some points on why God refuses to work. I will give you more points on that subject.
6) When we have another plan or agenda different from His own. You cannot succeed with another plan and agenda different from that of God’s. As a young minister, there was a brother I knew that made up his mind to marry a nurse. He liked the white uniform. Today, he has married a nurse. To run your life like that is settling for a lifetime of sorrow and pain. As a lady, you cannot have it somewhere in your heart that you will only marry a tall brother, and you come to God for prayer for divine leading. God will not lead you like that because you already have an idol in your heart. A familiar spirit would rather lead you to a man of your choice; you’ll keep managing whatever comes out of that.
7) When we fill our mouth with arguments instead of praise. God will refuse to work when your mouth is filled with arguments. Praise Him instead while He is working out the details in your favour. Praise Him always and be patient while He’s working it out for you.
Patience is the ability to deal with the passage of time while God is working out the details.
8) When we use the devil or man’s method to fulfil God’s plan and vision for our lives. For example, Abraham and Ishmael, Moses and the Israelites. God will step back from a man’s life when he gets on that road. That a man obtains result does not mean God is involved. There are three major types of results on the earth; namely:
Natural results: which are products of a man’s labour and effort. Purely human.
Satanic results: which are in 3 forms; sin, crime and occultism.
Divine results: These are from the LORD.
Ensure always that your results in life are strictly divine, as a child of God.
Don’t try to use your wisdom or human mind to accomplish divine tasks, God will not work with that.
There are people God told that they would go overseas but went to buy visa. That human arrangement will make God step back from their affairs.
9) When we try to represent God with stolen experiences. Remember the seven sons of Sceva in the book of Acts 19:14. They dabbled into what they did not have the life for and the devil messed them up seriously. Don’t represent God with stolen experiences; He will refuse to work.
10) When we think that God will justify or overlook our sin with a miracle because of our position. If you sin as a leader and the devil tries to deceive you that it doesn’t matter, such acts will only get you into a place where God will not be able to work.
Years ago in Ilesa, SW, Nigeria, there was a man that had a condition in his life that would likely take him out. He was a religious leader in an Orthodox church but had a critical illness in his body. He heard that God was moving in our church and he came but requested that we shouldn’t let anyone know he was around. He sent me a note that I should not call him out. God is not a respecter of persons. A man cannot dictate to God how he wants his case to be treated and handled because he’s highly placed in life. Look at what Peter said in Acts 10:34b-35 “Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation, he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.”
11) When anything we are doing will take us out of God’s purpose for our lives, God will not work with it.
12) When our pursuit and plans are conflicting with His, God will not work with that.
Let God work with you and for you.
Rev. Olusola A. Areogun.