The Holy Spirit wants me to highlight some truths to you on WHY GOD WILL REFUSE TO WORK in a man’s life so that you won’t get to a place where God refuses to work in your life. It is also essential for those that have been looking for the work of God in their lives but have not seen it.
Many of us enjoy the workings of God in our lives without our permission, and we must not do anything that will stop it. If it stops, the devil will step in because there’s no vacuum in the spirit. The outstanding distinction of God’s people is that God works with them, He works in them and works for them; I’m sure you don’t want to lose that.
Let us see Why God will refuse to work:
1. When we want to use God for our own ends, He refuses to work. You cannot use God for your own ends, He will refuse to work. Your life must be connected to the eternal counsel of God somewhere. Look at the story of Hannah in the Bible; God responded and worked in her life when her purpose aligned with the plan of God. To be having your personal plans and agenda outside of divine purpose is to be ready for a life full of struggle and opposition.
2. When your heart is on the benefits of your relationship with Him and not the fellowship. Let your heart be on how you can improve and grow in your fellowship with God. Don’t have a relationship that is only built on what you want to receive from Him alone.
As a matter of fact, God wants to make you before He gives you; and men are only made in the place of fellowship.
God makes men in the place of intimacy. Exodus 24:12, And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there:” That is the first call God calls every one of His children into; the call to develop intimacy with Him. Then, when He has made them, He gives them things. The latter part of that verse 12 says, “and I will give the tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; That thou may teach them.” But don’t forget that he had to come up to the mountain and be there first of all before he was given the tablets and the law.
3. When we treat Him as an influence and not a person. God is not an influence, He is a person. He is not a force, He is a personality. He wants to relate with you, He wants to speak to you, He wants to help and assist you, and you can also share your burdens with Him.
4. When we have unrepented sin in our hearts or leadership. Psalm 66 verse 18 says, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:” Iniquity will make God refuse to work. Isaiah 59:1-2 reveals to us also why God will refuse to work. “Behold, The LORD’s hand is not shortened that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you that he will not hear.”
5. When we have rejected His word or His counsel. Rejecting His word or counsel will make Him not to work. The Israelites had a taste of that a number of times when God refused to work in their midst. They brought the ark of the covenant before the Philistines in battle and they were still defeated because God refused to work. That same God revealed Himself and demonstrated His power to the Philistines before Dagon their god. God refused to work among the Israelites because they had rejected His word and counsel at that time.
Never allow the devil or your flesh to take you to that position in the spirit where God refuses to work in your life.
Rev. Olusola A. Areogun.