Dear Young Achiever,
Let me share these 10 thought-provoking points with you on the LAW OF REWARDS:
- Men are not equal in their contributions to your life.
- Never reward men equally.
- Reward men according to their contributions to your life, not more, not less.
- When you reward anyone above or beneath his/her contributions to your life, you will kill a critical linkage in your life somewhere.
- How do you gauge the level of contributions and determine rewards?
- WHAT are you rewarding?
As a father, ask yourself this question: “does it pay to be a good and honest son in my house?” As a boss, does it pay to be a good and honest staff in your company?
DOES IT PAY TO BE HONEST/ TRUTHFUL/REAL OR FAKE AROUND YOU?
- HOW are you rewarding?
- Emotionally or rationally?
- More than, less than or equal to contribution?
- WHEN do you reward? Before or after! A reward before the task is a crime called bribery. To reward after is proper and just.
- WHY do you reward?
Motives matter to God more than actions. We must reward to bless and encourage more of what is right. Never reward for wrong reasons.
- WHERE do you reward?
As far as God is concerned, He rewards openly: Matthew 6:6 says “But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.”
Don’t rebuke people OPENLY and reward them SECRETLY. Rather rebuke people SECRETLY (except hypocrites) but reward them OPENLY.
Rev. Olusola A. Areogun